There have been a few posts recently on the value of DBS. I am curious for what
form of Parkinsonism this procedure is most effective. Carline, my wife, has no
tremor at all but suffers from general discomfort and fairly extreme stiffness
in the lower extremities. She has a lot of trouble walking (shuffling) and has
taken a number of bad falls. Can anybody comment on the relative efficay of DBS
for Tremor and stiffness. Carline takes Sinemet, Eldepryl and Mirapex but only
with limited effect, hence the interest in surgery.

I see Quackery is alive and well, selling Magnets.
Thanks,

K-F Etzold