>For new people to this list, can someone please, please explain the many
>(derogatory?)references to pigs.  It is a little off-putting.
>
>Just trying to understand the frame of reference here.
>
>Joan U.

Hi Joan-- you heard from Hilary about the valiant Porky and Porquetta and
their fundraising for PD.
In addition, there was a very long--some folks thought MUCH too  long--
thread about a variety of pigs involved with John Bjork's wonderful
imaginary town of "Parkinsaw,MI".  I suggest you can find all of  this  on
John's website--but I'm forwarding a sample to you, so you can judge if it
is your "cuppa tea".It was fun while it lasted, for some of us, but others
found it  not to their liking, too much of a diversion from the serious
business of PD.   This had a little something to do with the founding of
the SPARKLE list for NON-PD items and humor, BTW.

Camilla  Flintermann

Yours till ALL pigs fly-- (courtesy of Joan Stark & Hans)