At 10:30 1999/10/07 +0200, you wrote:
>In Belgium and other parts of Europe we have a disperible form
>of levodopa (Madopar or Prolopa HBS). You dilute this in a little
>water and drink it; after about 15-30 minutes there is an immediate
>effect; it is very helpful in patients who frequently freeze and at
>night when the PD patient wakes up and cannot get out of bed to go
>to the restroom. It is NOT the same as diluting a regular Sinemet
>in water, the dispersible tablet  works faster and more powerful.
>Does a similar form of Sinemet exist in the USA?
>
>One other note, in Europe you can get both Sinemet and Madopar, in
>the USA only Sinemet, yet there are differences in response; so if
>one of my patients does not respond to Sinemet I can switch to Madopar
>and sometimes see a far better response. Can anybody tell me why Madopar
>is not available in the USA?  Do the two companies have some kind of an
>agreement (Roche vs Merck Sharp and Dohm)? As a patientgroup I would
>really pressure the companies to have Madopar released in the USA,
>because some patients can be helped!!
>
>Greetings,
>
>Chris

hear, hear!

thanks for pointing out those 'differences in response'

i tried two different generic forms [copies] of Sinemet
and had a different response to each

Health Canada needs to know and recognise this
as well as the US government

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>