hi all

At 11:53 1999/10/01 +0100, james wrote to me:
>Im still getting non pd despite having blocked it.
>James Berlis

hi james

according to the limited intelligence of the listserv computer
you have only given it instructions to block a Topic-Name called:
     NONPD:

you have not given it instructions to block a Topic-Name called:
     Non-PD

further,
if you had given it instructions to block a Topic-Name called:
     Non-pd

it would have ignored you any way, because a Topic-Name called:
     Non-Pd

does not exist!!!

the listserv computer's pea-brain
can only recognise words as Topic-Names in the Subject-Header-Line:
1. if they exist officially in the Topic-Name list
2. if they are spelled eggzackly as in the Topic-Name list
3. if they have a colon symbol [:] immediately after them

viz:
the current Topic-Name list:

     FUN:
     LIST:
     NEWS:
     NONPD:
     PMID:
     QT:
     TECHNEWS:
     UDALL:
     PARKINSAW:
     POL:

note:
this list of Topic-Names has not been carved in stone;
POL: was added recently in response to a list-member request;
we have access to a maximum number of 23 Topic-Name slots at our disposal

using a descriptive subject in your Subject-Header-Line in a message
is basic e-mail courtesy

adding a descriptive Topic-Name to your Subject-Header-Line in a message
to your parkinsn co-list-members is simply an extension
of that courtesy

janet
PIEnette listette elfette

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>