On 25 Sep 99 at 1:36, doublea wrote:

> Murray, late next week or in early Oct could you please send me some info on
> the shareware program you referred to today? my computer has crashed 4 times
> today, so please dont send me anything important until I can get it fixed
> bob "Tex."armentrout

Hi Tex,
I hope your computer has settled down and I hope ya'll are feelin'
some better.

Here are the URL's to download shareware "accessories".  At the
bottom you will find the great freeware E-Mail Client... Pegasus.

Bit Calc 2.0  (Binary Calculator)
http://associate.com/97_files_III/Programming.html

Engi_Cal 1.4 (Engineering Calculator)
http://ptty.loxinfo.co.th/~jburen/engineer.htm

Compute!  (Replaces Windows Default Calculator)
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/bigbill

Judy's 10 Key Calculator (Replaces Windows Default Calculator)
I personally like this one.  You can edit/save the "tape".
http://www.JudysApps.com

Judy's Countdown (Date and Event Calculator)
http://www.JudysApps.com

Judy's Conversions (Imperial to Metric / Teaspoons to Cups)
http://www.JudysApps.com

Master Converter 2.11 (600 units in 33 categories)
Good accessory for the people entrenched in "normal" measurement
and forced to go "metric".
http://www.savard.com

Convert It! 3.56 (Customizable as above)
http://www.smisoftware.com

Personal Injury / Wage Loss Calculator
Interesting accessory you can apply to Disability/Wage Loss.
http://www6.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=00
0M33

Freeware Pegasus E-Mail Client
http://www.pegasus.usa.com/
http://www.bcmortgages.com/eze-int.html
http://www.nemr.net/software.html
A great stand-alone e-mail package.... It is Freeware but it's nice to
order the printed manual and support future upgrades and development
in that manner.

The browser I use is Opera. It is not shareware, but you can download
a 30 day evaluation copy at:
http://www.operasoftware.com
If you like it and want to register your copy it is still $35 US I
think.  The plus on all of these programs is that they will run on
any PC (386SX with 6 Meg. of Ram or better).
Opera fits on one floppy disk!

All of the above are very stable solid programs IMHO.

I don't have any connection with any of the preceding, just a happy
user.....       murray