Dear Kathy

From my experience and from the collected wisdom i have received from this
list (and i received my first ssi check on Friday!) get someone who knows you
very well, and whom you can trust implicitly to fill out the form with you.
You will tend to give yourself the benefit of the doubt, whereas  your advisor
will be more objective.  ONe always tends to want to believe the best of
oneself - when the producer of the lehrer hour called me to tell me they waere
going to rebroadcast the segment with me , she asked how i was doing . FIne i
said. ANd so th ey announced "ms Blue's condition has not changed". My friend
Anne, who had helped me with my     ssi forms said: no way. WHen I look at you
now compared with when they made that video - your posture has deteriorated
and you look much worse' NOt pleasant to hear - but the truth. But given a
form to fill in, I would have answered - fine. So the main thing is to be
honest, but not to pull any punches.
ANd check the archives for the paper i wrote and Janet Peterson edited on "16
reasons why i am disabled" - it was published around June 25th.ANd if you have
any more questions feel free to contact me off list.

hilary blue (50,26,17)