From: Dennis Greene <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bluff Knoll - (a poem)
Date: Saturday, October 02, 1999 11:15 AM

Bluff Knoll

Whether you climb Bluff Knoll for the view,
or to be the highest thing
for a thousand miles in any direction
you will still have to pass this place
where the road ends,
and the path begins,
at a sign which carries the comment  -
"Summit - three hours return".

But if you cannot go past that place,
because your used,
discordant body
 will make of three hours an eternity,
then you are trapped here,
a tourist,
with the mountain filling your view,
following the path with your eyes
until you lose it among the trees.

I know that reality stands
between me and the mountain;
but what do I do with this need,
to take the path on upward through those trees
until I am the highest thing
for a thousand miles in any direction,

and can see everything
except Bluff Knoll.

Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32
There's nothing wrong with me that a cure for PD won't fix!
email - [log in to unmask]
Website - http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/