 This letter is long overdue.  I underwent DBS in the STN and June 23rd in
Kansas City..  If to say a to markedly improvement is an understatement.  I
recently went from a three-month checkup  and was told l  was a poster child
for Parkinson's disease. My symptoms I now have absolutely no  tremor, and no
rigidity.  My only bothersome symptom now is slowness of movement.  This
surgery  has absolutely saved my life . I live alone and was becoming
increasingly difficult to  manage.

I want to caution people however to have realistic expectations.  I did not
have these.  I truly expected to to be completely cured. I am an incureable
optimist. I thought I would be off all medicine and this  nightmare would be
over. Unfortunately I'm afraid  this has not happened  and psychologically that
 has been difficult. The programming is critical.  And for people undergoing
this operation they   will experience  setbacks during the first   months. This
is entirely normal   but very difficult to deal with.

 As for medicine, I am taking  less.  I was taking  25 /100 A permax  1 mg,
 and a Requip .1 every two hours.  Now I take 25/250 CR and 2 Requip   every
four hours.

  I had  my surgery than in Kansas City..  From what I understand, they are the
only  place Medicare  that Medicare will pay.  I had to pay about $6000  after
all  was said and done.

I will be happy to the answer any questions please write directly to me. I will
answer but I may be slow.