Debbie -

Have you tried Dr. David Eidelberg at North Shore Med Center on Long Island?
He's not a surgeon, but has done research on DBS patients and could perhaps
refer your mom to someone good.  IMO, the best in the country is Dr. Steven
Wilkinson at the University of Kansas Med. Center in Kansas City.  We know
people who have come to KS from New York after doing careful research.  The
other option might be Toronto.

Good luck.  Margie Swindler

<<
 My questions now are: SHe's in NY (Long Island). Where do I begin to look in
 her area? Who can advise us whether she's a candidate for DBS or
 pallidotomy? (I guess going to her own doctor is the obvious answer, but I
 thought I'd try to get names of surgeons in the area that might consider the
 question.) Thanks in advance. Debbie White