for Advocacy that many of us proposed to PAN at the Forum last June.  Kathy and I coined the
term "Regional Reps" at an ad hoc meeting in June for the contact points in this network;
but the point is to get connected and have more clout.  This plan is getting off the ground,
and when it's in place, we  can mobilize to get things done more easily and quickly when
needed.  This regional network was written up in the very recent PAN newsletter.  Please
read below:

Thanks, Charlotte
Charlotte Mancuso wrote:

>              Re: action
>               Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:27:16 +0000
>
>              They wouldn't dare ignore us if we were coalesced into a
>              national network, instead of an individual here, there,
>              and everywhere--we don't have clout that way-... but a
>              grass-roots network...reaching out to our local "sphere of influence" to
>              mobilize... grass roots efforts .... letter writing at a
>              critical time, petition drives, whatever.  Let's connect!
>     Charlotte
>              > > Joan Hartman wrote:
>              > > > I, too,have written....three times to Senator Finestein with no
> response
>              > or
>              > > > acknowledgement and the first time to Cong. Packard who did acknowledge
>
>              > my
>              > > > letter  with a letter of his own with incorrect info in it re Udall
>              > > > funding...PAN helped me correct his misinformation which I did send to
>              > him
>              > > > but I have yet to hear back...I also wrote the White House with no
>              > > > ackowledgment...Joan Hartman

Charlotte Mancuso
For advocacy, medical, and other PD-related material, go to:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/CurePD-NorCal