Just thought I'd share news
sent to me by my brother-in-law
from a clipping from last Saturday's
St. Petersburg Times.
The article was about Rep. C.W. Bill
Young, chairman of the Appropriations Committee
and how he gently says no to requests for tax dollars
(including Her Majesty Queen Noor, widow of Jordan's King Hussein.).
The long article concludes with a picture of Young with Michael J. Fox
and  "This time, Young doesn't have to say no.  He says Congress is
boosting the budget for the NIH by nearly 10%,
which should mean more money for Parkinson's research."
I just want to thank MJF for making more efforts than
we probably know about.

Joe and I are from Texas, but we have visited Rep. Young's
office (representing Joe's brother and his wife who are
constituents) for the past two years when we were in Washington.
This past June we took Joan Samuelson and had a good meeting with his
chief of staff., but I'm sure MJF made a bigger impression.

( My sister-in-law also saw Young in Florida last year and when
she was talking to him, found out that his brother-in-law
has PD also.)

Keep the faith...
nina