JOAN,
IT ALL STARTED QUITE INNOCENTLY WITH THE ADVENT OF PORKY PORKINSON, THE
PARKINSON PIG. HE APPEARED OUT OF  A LONG-NEGLECTED BOX IN MY STORE ROOM WHEN
I WAS LOOKING FOR THINGS TO PUT ON A YARDSALE MEANT TO RAISE MONEY FOR PENNIES
FOR PARKINSOSN'S.  I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CUTE TO USE HIM (A LARGE SHOCKING
PINK PIGGY BANK) AS A GIMMICK TO COLLECT - AND SURE ENUFF, HE MADE MORE MONEY
THAN THE WHOLE  YARD SALE. I TOLD THE LIST - AND, WELL, IT JUST TOOK OFF FROM
THERE. PORKY IS STILL AROUND, STILL COLLECTING, AND AT LAST WEIGH IN - WEIGHS
19 POUNDS.
His kid sister, POrquetta, is a pig with an agenda - and as such went with me
to the /senate Hearing. SHe thought she might be useful as back-up if , horror
of horrors, the effort was  not s9ccessful. Well, I guess today is the crunch,
and i hope Porquetta's pessimism will prove unfounded!
Hope that answers your query

Hilary BLUe

joan carol urquhart wrote:

> For new people to this list, can someone please, please explain the many
> (derogatory?)references to pigs.  It is a little off-putting.
>
> Just trying t
 understand the frame of reference here.