Carline,

I agree that the issue is to do research to find out what  actually works.
The problem is that  nutrients have not been researched scientifically while
drugs and STN stimulation etc have. In addition so called "natural
substances" are not controlled for safety.  So one should look even more
askance  at them than pharmaceuticals which also have their risks.

Remember tobacco, alcohol and opium and marihuana are "natural substances"
not  "strictly speaking drugs".   Lithium Carbonate is a mineral but also "a
drug".  It can be quite beneficial to people but also quite toxic depending
on the dose.

As imperfect as the FDA is I would rather put my faith in their testing for
safety and efficacy  rather than  the claims of a few people who have
something emotionally or financially to gain from its promotion.

Charlie