Dear friends,
this morning at 8:30 am,  my wife evidently fell asleep while driving us on
an interstate, I woke up to her screams, we left the road on the right, came
back on the road, and the truck flipped 3/4 of the way around, leaving me
with my head dragging just above the pavement. When the truck entered the
median, it began flipping again, and when I regained consciousness, I was
alone in the truck. I found her about 50 feet away, where she had been
thrown, evidently through the back window.  She was life-flighted to the
East Texas Medical Center in Tyler, Texas with severe injuries. As of
tonight, she is stable and no longer bleeding as bad, but she has a crushed
pelvis, a broken clavicle, and possible severe damage to one or both legs. I
have a few broken ribs, a probable rotator tear in my left (good) shoulder,
some scrapes and bruises, but I am mostly OK. She has lost a lot of blood,
and they are going to do surgery on her sometime next week after she
stabilizes more. I am stopping the pie and sparkle lists, so please do not
contact me on them. My family email address is [log in to unmask], but
please bear with me, it will be awhile before I am home again. Please keep
us in your prayers, to whomever you pray to
tex