Dear Friends,

As many of you know, on September 28th I had the honor of testifying before
the Senate Labor HHS Appropriations Subcommittee about the urgent need for
more funding for
Parkinson's research.

The hearing has set in motion a real chance for a major increase in research
funding, and your help is needed NOW to make this opportunity a reality.  I
was
very encouraged to hear the tremendous promise for a Parkinson's cure in the
next 5 to 10 years - AS LONG AS THERE IS ADEQUATE FUNDING.  I was also very
moved by the
support of so many of you who came from across the country to fill the
hearing room and make our voices heard.

My message at the hearing was simple. This is a winnable war - as long as
the funding matches the scientific potential.  Along with Joan Samuelson,
Jim Cordy and
Dr. J. William Langston, we asked the subcommittee to provide $75 million
MORE
for Parkinson's focused research.

Comments of Senator Arlen Specter, Chairman of the Subcommittee, gave us
great hope when he stated: "This issue is in the hand of the Congress..."
and that "...there is no reason that every valid research application should
not be granted -- every one ought to be granted."

The Senate is now considering the Labor/HHS Appropriations bill on the
Senate floor, but there is no mention yet of the additional $75 million for
Parkinson's focused research.

WE NEED YOU TO SEND A MESSAGE TO CONGRESS:  TELL THEM WE NEED AN ADDITIONAL
$75 MILLION FOR PARKINSON'S FOCUSED RESEARCH.  With this funding, the
research
community believes that we could find a cure to this disease in
less than 10 years.

Time is short:  please call and e-mail NOW!

Call Senator Arlen Specter, Chairman of the Labor HHS Senate Appropriations
Subcommittee at (202)
224-4254, or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

You can also call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for each
of your two Senators - any of whom can help secure the additional funding.

Send your message today!!!

--Michael J. Fox