I am 68 and got my PD-diagnos five years ago. Treatment with L-dopa
(Madopar) and in addition during the last year Cabergoline (Cabaser) and
Tolkapone (Tasmar).
My problem is that protein in the food block the L-dopa uptake from
the intestines  and I have many and deep OFF-periods during the day. In fact
main part of day-time.
In an attempt to avoid these bad OFF-periods I minimized food
containing proteins and instead the energy support was too low.
I´ve lost 7 kilograms  from 72 to 65 in three months.
Now I have contact with a dietist , but the problem resists. I am still
7 kilograms from my ordinary weight.
Life is not good when the only thing You can do is sitting and waiting
for ON !
If anybody has some good advice  please contact the list.
Arne