There is a form relating to mental disability that sounds like what you'r talking about.  they told me i did not need to fill that out.  (i've heard they pretty routinely deny the first request - they denied mine)
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Cathy Morse <[log in to unmask]>
    To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: Friday, October 01, 1999 3:31 PM
    Subject: list -- Please help nedd SSA advise

    Dear LIST MEMBERS,

    I  am in the process of applying for disability benefits in the US  My
    application was submitted. Now I have received  from SSA a questionnaire
    asking all sorts of questions about how I spend my day. This one looks
    like a minefield to me.  If any one who has been through this process
    and  can give me advise  and/or anything to avoid, I would  greatly
    appreciate the information.  I plan to fill  this form this weekend.

    thank  you,
    Cathy