Hi everybody,

Just letting you all know that I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth.  I've just changed ISP'S and have a new Cable modem which has screwed things up for a time.  If anyone was trying to contact me please try again.

You regulars know that I usually wouldn't pass up a good debate on Stem Cell research or a chance to comment on DBS.  BTW my DBS is working fine now after a good long session with a physician more well-versed in adjusting the DBS.  I now am able to walk short distances without my walker in spite of my limp due to polio when I was a child.  I recommend DBS to any one who qualifies for it and support Chris' statements about palidotomy.  It was a necessary procedure at the time but it was destructive to brain tissue and shouldn't be used at this point under most circumstances.  STN stimulation appears to be the wave of the future with the surgical treatment of PD until research into stem cells  or trophic factors bear fruit. Then there will be all the normal circuits in place.

Charlie