Hilary wrote in part---

SNIPPED
> So I was devastated.
> And then i remembered, when all this harassment began, someone had offered
>help - someone had written me - "i am a lawyer in Northern Virginia, If i can
>be of any help...."And in desperation, I emailed him last night. Did i know
>him? no. But he is a member of the list family, and he opened his heart, and
>gave of his special knowledge, and G-d knows as i sit here weeping tears of
>gratitude over he keyboard, how thankful i am that this stranger, this friend,
>responded in an instant. A couple of phone calls and he had the social
>services departments buzzing. Unfortunately, the social worker had done oa
>very good job of closing Jessis files, and we had to reapply - but i didnt
>have to wait for an appointment, she also found .(the medicaid.sw) found a
>spoonsor to pay for this month's prescription till medicaid kicks in for
>jessi, and as a corollary i found out that my medicaid had been approved.
>Jed, unfortunately, was not so lucky . He turned 18 in May, so has to apply
>independently - he is only a part time student, but the sw assured me it
>was automaitic.
>Bu that the application had to go via the state attorney's office.
>
>But the credit goes to
>              HARLAN WILLIAMS. , PWP EXTRAORDINAIRE!

So those were the phone calls that turned the tide and straightened out the
grand mess they had made of your life!  My thanks also to Harlan, though  I
also don't "know" him in person--it is indeed a wonderful example (like the
response to Bob and Dawana's accident,and  so many other situations) of
what these lists (CARE included) are all about !  And we are glad for the
positive changes it means for you and your kids, Hilary.

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                   from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF