hi all

At 11:30 1999/10/11 -0400, cathy wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I would like to thank Charlotte, Hillary, Sherilynn, Janet,
>Margie and all who offered their advise on filing for social
>security disability.  I appreciated each and every gem.
>Especially the one about showing  myself in the worst possible
>light. Since EVERYONE mentioned it, I figure it was essential.
>Following this advice, a thoroughly pathetic person emerged on
>those pages.  It certainly depressed the stuffing out of  me.
>The form is finished and ready to be mailed.  Will keep  you
>posted on my success or lack thereof. Thanks again, Cathy

way to go, cathy!

when dealing with bureaucrats
whose minds and hands are bound up by their rulebooks
i think it's only charitable to give them what they want and need

i found it a very difficult process emotionally as well
much harder than i ever expected
but
and this is a bigg butt
the effect on me of getting those cheques
regular as clockwork every month and as a minimum of available benefits
has nothing to do with depressing "the stuffing out of me"

heck, now you've got me thinking about that roast turkey...

did you know that the paterson family turkey is always named Tom?

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>