hi all

At 01:27 1999/10/12 -0400, Bruce wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I have been off-list for a couple of weeks.  [My eyesight is
>now so bad it takes me literally hours to type or read e-mail]
>Has anyone heard anything about Dr. Jean-Michel Gracies, MD, PhD,
>who is a Movement Disorders Fellow in the Neurology Dept. at Mount
>Sinai Medical Center in NYC?  I had an impromptu meeting with him
>a week ago and he had some potentially [word stressed!!] promising
>things to say. I have a real appt with him on Wednesday.
>Thank 'e kindly, Bruce Anderson [53,48] Schooley's Mtn., NJ

hi bruce

i did a search at PubMed using Gracies JM as the search criteria:
15 citations were found, going back to 1991

it would appear that Dr. Gracies came to New York from France by way of Australia

if you would like me to send you any of the abstracts
just let me know

janet

Gracies JM, et al.
Neuromuscular blockers.
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 1999 May;10(2):357-83, viii. Review.
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA.
PMID: 10370936; UI: 99299074.

Wilson LR, et al.
Evidence for fusimotor drive in stroke patients based on muscle
spindle thixotropy.
Neurosci Lett. 1999 Apr 2;264(1-3):109-12.
PMID: 10320026; UI: 99251744.

Gracies JM, et al.
Traditional pharmacological treatments for spasticity. Part II:
General and regional treatments.
Muscle Nerve Suppl. 1997;6:S92-120. Review.
PMID: 9826984; UI: 99044220.

Gracies JM, et al.
Traditional pharmacological treatments for spasticity. Part I:
Local treatments.
Muscle Nerve Suppl. 1997;6:S61-91. Review.
PMID: 9826983; UI: 99044219.

Archer JS, et al.
Bilateral optic disk pallor after unilateral internal carotid artery occlusion.
Neurology. 1998 Mar;50(3):809-11.
Department of Neurology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, New
South Wales, Australia.
PMID: 9521285; UI: 98180581.

Gracies JM, et al.
Lycra garments designed for patients with upper limb spasticity:
mechanical effects in normal subjects.
Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1997 Oct;78(10):1066-71.
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Prince of Wales Hospital,
Sydney, Australia.
PMID: 9339154; UI: 97480456.

Kiernan MC, et al.
Paraesthesiae induced by prolonged high frequency stimulation of
human cutaneous afferents.
J Physiol (Lond). 1997 Jun 1;501 ( Pt 2):461-71.
PMID: 9192317; UI: 97335651.

Kiernan MC, et al.
Excitability changes in human cutaneous afferents induced by
prolonged repetitive axonal activity.
J Physiol (Lond). 1997 Apr 1;500 ( Pt 1):255-64.
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
PMID: 9097949; UI: 97252380.

Mogyoros I, et al.
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute and Department of Neurology,
The Prince Henry and Prince of Wales Hospitals, Sydney, Australia.
The effect of stimulus duration on the latency of submaximal nerve volleys.
Muscle Nerve. 1996 Oct;19(10):1354-6. No abstract available.
PMID: 8808667; UI: 96404485.

Burke D, et al.           [See Related Articles]
Non-monosynaptic transmission of the cortical command for voluntary movement in man.
J Physiol (Lond). 1994 Oct 1;480 ( Pt 1):191-202.
Departement de Reeducation Neurologique, Hopital de la Salpetriere,
Paris, France.
PMID: 7853222; UI: 95156301.

Gracies JM, et al.           [See Related Articles]
Evidence for further recruitment of group I fibres with high
stimulus intensities when using surface electrodes in man.
Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1994 Oct;93(5):353-7.
Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France.
PMID: 7525243; UI: 95045146.

Gracies JM, et al.
Evidence for corticospinal excitation of presumed propriospinal
neurones in man.
J Physiol (Lond). 1994 Mar 15;475(3):509-18.
PMID: 8006832; UI: 94275670.

Burke D, et al.
Changes in presynaptic inhibition of afferents to
propriospinal-like neurones in man during
voluntary contractions.
J Physiol (Lond). 1992 Apr;449:673-87.
PMID: 1522526; UI: 92395570.

Burke D, et al.
Convergence of descending and various peripheral inputs onto
common propriospinal-like neurones in man.
J Physiol (Lond). 1992 Apr;449:655-71.
PMID: 1326050; UI: 92395569.

Gracies JM, et al.
Pattern of propriospinal-like excitation to different species of
human upper limb motoneurones.
J Physiol (Lond). 1991 Mar;434:151-67.
PMID: 2023116; UI: 91217945.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/>

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>