On Tue 12 Oct, w y wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me what is the maximum mg of Sinemet
> can be taken up to daily. This is because my mum has
> been taking Sinemet but experienced dyskinesia and her
> doctor has changed to Madopar which is also another
> kind of levodopa but the dosage seems not enough to
> cover the six hourly break. And it seems quite hard
> for her to tolerate such great pain. Please advise.
>
> -WENDY-
>
> =====

Hello Wendy, You have just dipped your toe into a rather large pool!
You are on the right track, and I would like to suggest that you read an
article which I wrote specifically to help newcomers like yourself- It's
so much easier than writing reams of e-mail every time a newcomer comes
along. The web-site containing this note is run by Simon Coles, and is
full of interesting Parkinson's-related information.

Look for:  Living with Levodopa.

URL   <http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/brian>

By the way, to answer your specific questions, I need to know the full
details of your mother's present drugs: What tablets, how many, and when
taken, plus some detail about your mother: How old, how long since she
was diagnosed. First impression is - There is no such thing as a six
hour break - To span a 6-hour gap, you would need to take a very large
dose of Sinemet or Madopar, which could eat up the margins and cause
diskinesias. Don't worry, there are much better ways of achieving the
required results with much less strain on your mother.

Good luck with the booklet,
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>