Dennis-- I think your post comes under the heading of "reality
testing"---not a bad process.  But it doesn't mean giving up hope--just
hoping more realistically, and being prepared for the disappointments that
may come, so you can ride them out and go on !.

>I have noticed a tendency of late to treat some far from certain things
>about the cure as if they were articles of faith. These include:
>
>- The cure is coming soon
>
>- The cure will be found .
>
>- the cure will benefit everyone
>
>- the cure should be the paramount consideration of the PD community
>
>- time is running out - we must have the cure now
>
>- And finally (the one I shall no doubt run foul of) - anyone who disputes
>any of these is thinking negatively.

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
           not where you hope they might be, eventually."
                --Christine Greenland