On Thu 07 Oct, Chris van der Linden wrote:
> Correction: carpal tunnel syndrome
>
> the so-called median nerve travels through the carpal tunnel at the level of
> the wrist and is frequently compressed in people who use their hands a lot
> and some other medical conditions as well.
>
> Greetings
>
> Chris

This correspondence took me back about 12 years, when I found that my right
(worst-affected ) hand was suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The strange
thing was that it only gave me trouble when I took a fairly high level of
Sinemet. By fairly high I mean the level of Sinemet which I could tolerate
was limited by the Carpal Tunnel effect to a lower level than the Sinemet
would have allowed. I had the operation (to avoid long-term damage to the
nerves) and immediately found that I could tolerate more Sinemet, as I had
thought. It still puzzles me as I generally associate lack of Sinemet =
muscular stiffness = expected Carpal tunnel pain, but the reverse was true.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>