On  7 Oct 99 at 23:03, Kris Van Bogaert wrote:

> Dear members of the Parklist,
>
> For some months now I have been following your postings and I thought it's
> about time to introduce myself.
> My name is Kris, I live in Belgium together with my husband Marcel, who was
> confronted with Parkinson's disease at the age of 27.  We went through a lot
> of problems.
SNIP
> Absolutely, on june 6 1998, Marcel got his bilateral STN and life has
> changed ever since than. He is totally releaved from all his symptoms and
> side effects. Medication is reduced to one third of the pre-op medication.
> Before surgery he was taken 23 pills a day!!!!
> We live again like we lived before the Parkinson struck us: bicycling,
> walking, working in the yard, making trips, visit restaurants and our social
> life is flourishing.  I would recommend this surgery for everyone, if you
> are a good candidate, don't even have any doubts about IT.

Thank you Kris for your introduction and inspiring story about Marcel's
response to STN.

There have been a lot of encouraging posts on bi-lateral STN and it certainly
is good news.  (and we need good news)

I visit shut-ins from time to time, who, like Marcel was, are totally
dependent on others for their routine daily activities.  For them,  bicycling,
walking, working in the yard, making trips, visiting restaurants and a social
life is only a dream.  For others, in my support group, the foregoing is
possible but to an ever diminishing degree.

BiSTN really does sound incredible.  The latest advances make me believe that
cure or no cure I may once again dance with all my fellow Parkies.  Soon!

I will look forward to your next post .............. murray