On 11 Oct 99 at 13:20, Hilary Blue wrote:

> Hey Don,
> FIrst let me remind you what i've told you before- when it comes to PD you are
> my hero!

And especially mine!  (I always read certain posts first & yours are
in there Don)

> Now let me tell you two things that happened to me on the list this week
> 1. I found myself in one of those silly exchanges about the word "crazy' which
> ended up in barb
> mallut inviting herself for dinner and other silly things, and i thought
> "what fun".. Then I thought, oh dear, that shouldnt have been on the list, and
> then i thought, well if nobody else says anything, neither will i, and i kept
> quiet, but  i was sorry.

Don't be sorry, your refreshing (and I might add "Harmless") banter
on this List is what most of us enjoy about this List..........

> 2. i was helped out of a very difficult situation by somebody whom i have
> never met, and who doisnt know me. Just because we are both on the list.
> HArlan Williams, a young lawyer, gave freely of his time and his expertise to
> help me,   JUST BECAUSE WE ARE BOTH ON THE LIST, AND BOTH ARE PARKIES. THat is
> something that has never happened to me before, not anywhere, anytime, nohow!

This reminds me of the communal "family" that used to be automatic in
rural America (and Canada) where everyone pitched in wherever need
was perceived......... Harlan's "gift" to you along with Barb M's
"gift" of a blood drive for Dawana is also very, very refreshing.....

> ANd that is the MIRACLE OF THE LIST  and we'll go a long way till we find
> anything else like it!
>
> Hilary Blue
> (50, 33, 26)

Amen ........... murray