Hi Bruce,
There's no "cookie-cutter" rule for vitamin/mineral supplements. But
people with PD definitely need to be sure they're getting enough of the
bone-strengthening nutrients -- calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and
vitamin K, plus the trace minerals. I often suggest that my clients take
a basic, like Centrum (Centrum Silver if over age 50)--this provides
adequate amounts of vitamins and most minerals. Your doctor might
suggest additional calcium and magnesium supplements, amount depends on
age and food intake. Some physicians are also recommending vitamin E and
C for people with PD, and I think this is often a good idea, as PD is
very stressful and may increase the need for antioxidants. Different
physicians recommend different amounts, again, you'll need to discuss it
with your own doctor. Large amounts of some nutrients are inadvisable
for people with certain conditions or family history of various
conditions, and your doctor will have your medical record for reference.

Unless you are depleted of a nutrient, though, you won't feel any
different due to use of vitamins/minerals.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/