> What about the man that lived his entire life with a positive attitude
only
> to find out, on his dying day mind you,  that he had been living in
denial?
> I'll take the positive attitude thank you.

Edward,

I'm not familiar with the specific case but I can't help but wonder if by
facing whatever it was that he had been denying he could have done something
about it. That would have the effect of changing his status from victim to
combatant.  It might even have delayed the arrival of his dying day.

I'm one of those crazy people who sees a positive attitude not as a happy
feeling but as a determination to keep my self respect by facing the reality
of my situation, making informed choices as to what to do about it, and then
doing what my ability and physical condition allow.

Dennis