Thank you to everyone who mailed  me and dawana a nice note or a word of
encouragement. I printed all of them off, and am going to take them to the
hospital this morning and read them to her - I know that will help her
spirits. I am rapidly learning to gratefully accept any help I can get, and
I know from helping others, sometime there is a tremendous frustration in
wanting to help but not being able to.  For all of you who tried to give
blood and were turned down, please accept my heartfelt thanks for the
intentions. For those of you who gave blood, my thanks are not enough, but
they are all I can offer.
I have a favor to ask of anyone who wishes to participate. My wife Dawana
has always loved angels, and giving small angel pins to friends and family.
I couldn't find her an angel pin to clip to her pillow (and dont know if the
hospital will let me or not). If anyone can find me a small, inexpensive
lapel pin, necklace etc, please send me a note telling me the cost and an
address I can send a check to buy it at. I would like to start her a
collection to put in her room where she can see it.
Thank you again for all your prayers and support - it has helped me
tremendously to know there is so much support out there. Monday I go to see
the orthopedic surgeon to see what we are going to do to fix my shoulder. I
am going to schedule my shoulder operation as soon after her first operation
as possible, so I can get back to her room as soon as possible and still
know she is ok from her surgery. I just called the hospital and checked on
her (came home last night to check with the boys) and she is doing ok, some
pain getting through the meds - but the nurse said last night she slept 4
hours (its really weird, that is about how long I slept, first time for both
of us since the accident).
I am going to go back up there now, this 300 mile commute will probably get
old before its over. Special thanks and blessings to all who donated or
tried to donate blood. You are super! Thanks again,  you all are special
people
bob armentrout
rt 1 box 516J
Livingston, Texas 77351