Thanks to everyone who has written, donated, prayed or wished us well.
Dawana is continuing to improve, and the doctor told my motherin law this
afternoon if she continues as well tomorrow, they are going to move her into
a private room so I can stay with her before her surgery. I can't thank
everyone enough for all your help.  Dawana is in lots of pain, and has now
realized how long her road to recovery is (I would like to kick the nurse
who told her she will be there for 6 months in the shin), but I keep telling
her, we are taking things one day at a time. Her surgery is tentatively set
for Wednesday.
I  am seeing my "family orthopedic surgeon" tomorrow, and if I can catch a
ride, going back to the hospital to see her afterwards. I have had 3
shoulder and 3 knee surgeries done by this man, so I have a lot of
confidence in him, and he knows how hard headed I am, and how fast I heal,
so he won't be tying me down and keeping me from being with my lady.
My boys are being super. This is at least as hard on them, but they keep
telling me to go help Mom, they have everything convered here.  Of course,
we have lots of neighbors watching out for them, but they are such a comfort
to me and their mother right now.
I am starting an "angel scarf" for Dawana, and pinning the angels to it as
they come in.  Thanks to whoever told me to look in the gift shop, that is
where the collection started. For those who are mailing angels, thank you so
much. I have been printing out all the messages to her, and while she hasn't
been able to listen to me read them all to her, our families have, and many
brought tears to their eyes.
I will be spending most of this week at the hospital, so its doubtful I will
be able to respond to any more messages. Still, keep them coming and as I
run back home to check on things, I will do my best to reply.
Thanks again for all your help and prayers,
bob "tex" armentrout