Janet - My reference regarding the non-diet soda came from the book,"Caring
for the Parkinson Patient" by J.Thomas hutton, M.D. and Raye Lynne Dippel,
Ph.D.The chart is on page 28, intitled "Protein redistribution  diet for
Parkinsonians".ISBN number is: 1-57392-684-1. I can find no further
explanation for this in the book.
On the craving issue, I definitely don't have that - darn!!! My desire for
chocolate esp. has decreased, which I believe is a sin!!!! The sinemet kicked
in on day 12, allowing me to walk faster, albeit not really better. I am able
to rise from a chair without having to drag myself into a stnding position.
So, once again, one of my worst fears have been realized - I have always had
the hope in the back of my head that what I have isn't P.D. Another balloon
broken.  Linda