In a message dated 10/12/99 10:05:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Also, hope we can find a way to raise the awareness of the costs to the
 economy including disability, medication, loss of productivity and that the
 return on investment in research would more than pay for the initial output
 of funds. >>

Ruth,
The following was curt from a letter my wife wrote to our Representative:

PD sufferers consume nearly 68.5 million dollars a day (25 billion a
year-most from the government).  We are grateful for the money, but would
greatly prefer a cure for PD.  When that cure is found, over one million
Americans will again be able to be proficient parents, partners, and
citizens.

Medical research is one of the wisest, most compassionate and most fiscally
responsible investments we can make with our tax dollars.

Time is money.  Time is also the stuff of life.  Please help us save both PWP
lives and the government's money.  Appropriate the full $100,000,000
authorized by the Udall Act.  Do it soon.