I believe this may interest you :
----
             By BBC News Online's Damian Carrington

             Researchers in Israel have shown that caffeine makes
existing
             brain cells swell and new ones grow.

             Dr Menahem Segal, at the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot,
             told BBC News Online that making the connection between
             this growth and better memory and learning capability is
"a
             long jump, but it is what we are aiming for".

             The scientists grew rat neurones in the laboratory and
then
             added caffeine. The brain cells, called dendritic spines
and
             taken from a region of the brain called hippocampus, grew
by
             33% and new spines formed. The cells returned to their
             original shape after an hour or two.

             Better learning

                                 "We are studying the spines
                                 because everyone assumes that
                                 they are related to learning and
                                 memory and so intuitively you
                                 would say that the more spines
                                 there are, the better learner you
                                 are," said Dr Segal.

                                 Having shown that the spines
                                 do grow, "the next step, which
                                 we have already begun, is to
                                 see if these cells with larger or
                                 longer spines can learn better,"
             he added.

             The growing brain cells produced "could be one reason"
for
             the potential improvement in memory and learning ability
             brought about by drinking caffeine-containing drinks,
such
             as tea and coffee.

             Increased arousal

             But there could be other factors: "We believe you may
have
             other effects of caffeine which would help you through a
             hard day. Drinking coffee may help improve memory because

             of an increased attention and arousal level," said Dr
Segal.

             And he calculates that a lot of caffeine is needed to be
sure
             of seeing the cell growth effect - about ten cups.

             The research is published in the Proceedings of the
National
             Academy of Sciences.
--
Now that you know that coffee is good do buy it because it will be
good for Brazil also.... :-)

Cheers ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+