Brian, some U.S. cola drinks are fairly acidic, despite the sugar --
vinegar has a pH of 3.1 - 3.2, while the average cola has a pH of 2.4,
7-UP 3.0, and club soda 3.7.

I've heard, but not been able to substantiate, that carbonated beverages
hasten the action of Sinemet; no pharmacist I've talked to can explain
or back that up, however.

Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/