If I could dream of a way we could be more effective,
it would be to have a delegation of CHILDREN whose
mothers and fathers are succumbing to Parkinson's, or Younger - Onset
Parkinson's,
and OTHER LOVED ONES form a HUGE delegation,
and sit at the gate of the Capitol or the White House.

I have been in MANY non-violent vigils in my day,
and KNOW that peaceful protest as well as peaceful
assembly IN GREAT NUMBERS is the MOST influential
pressure to be brought to bear on governments who
appear not to care.

As for Senator Specter, I am not surprised, but, alas,
he is only human, and succumbed to weakness of the
flesh.  I think it is much more productive to look inwards,
and search for what WE can do, than to look outwardly
and seek to blame someone who ultimately could
be our biggest ally.

As many of you know, Matthew Shepard died one year
ago today.  In remembering him, I think of  the peaceful
 and embracing ways that we must honor our diversity,
 override the separateness that we might feel, and
persuade our "opposition" to join with us.

Ivan S.  :-}

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses         66  deg. F   :-)

Ivan

:-)