process analysis of getting levodopa from mouth to brain (rudimentary)

the taking of med with water gets it to the stomach
if the stomach is not full (we are at least one hour from last meal) but
is actually empty, the dissolving will take more time than if there is
some nutrient which induces the digestive juices.

this latter is supplied by a peppermint, orange wedges, ginger,
carbonated sugar water, or a graham cracker, a plum, et cetera

the levodopa must be carried along with some food/nutrient into the
bloodstream. with nothing but water, this will be slower

then,  the traveling around the body in the blood depends upon blood
flowrate and volume

i was surprised to read in the Mirapex package insert that it apparently
speeds up the absorption of levodopa.   from peaking at over an hour to
peaking at 30 minutes.

my personal experience has not been noticeably different since i started
using mirapex. the time as always been about 20 to 30 minutes. a little
better if i crumble the tablet of levodopa with my teeth before
swallowing it.
hope this helps
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz