janet / camilla -
okay, i've lifted a few comments from yesterday and today about the list and
the subject header (noted below)

1.  could you encourage users to USE THE SUBJECT HEADER by having the
computer NOT ACCEPT messages unless they are formatted according to however
you've set it up?  this IS NOT TO ENCOURAGE CENSORING OR RESTRICTION OF
MESSAGES, rather making the process easier and less tedious for most users -
2.  moritorium - what a refreshing idea - if they haven't been scared off
already!  perhaps done on a weekly basis it would (a)  give newcomers (and
quiet users) a special invitation become involved and become educated AND (b)
allow those (including myself...) to realize that we, too, are addicted to
our screens and keyboards!  what would we do with all the extra energy if we
didn't "write" and "send" for a day?!?
3.  YES YES YES YES - the subject header is soooo important - i must admit
that "that" is also my pet peeve -  it's there for a reason, can we improve
upon it?

thanks -
cari
daughter of. . .
1.
according to the limited intelligence of the listserv computer
you have only given it instructions to block a Topic-Name called:
     NONPD:<<<<<

The question is: does the computer only recognize complete words as
topicnames, or also parts of words. If the latter is true the following
might work: if you change the topicname in the computer into PD: it probably
then filters out:  NONPD: etc.
Hans

May I humbly suggest that beginning Noon today, DST,Friday, October 8,
1999,  there be a moratorium on calls from the "Frequent fliers", i.e.,
that only first time postings be sent for a 24 hour period, ending Noon
tomorrow.  There needs to be an open window to  let in fresh air and
needed dialogue  Walter

I guess this makes me a Witch also. Would Michel be a Warlock? :-) For me,
what's more important than the topic is the correct subject line. If we're
not going to stay within the realms of the subject then the subject line
should be changed  Bonnie