Some

T echniques

I mprove

P arkies

S uccess

 1. If you freeze while walking, take a collapsible cane with you.  When you
freeze, assemble the cane and gently kick the end near the floor.  It helped
me

 2. Try, and I know this can be difficult, to be totally unselfconscious
about PD.  This will force people to accept you on your terms, instead of
requiring you to come to terms with them

 3. If you can't walk forwards, try, very carefully, walking backwards.

 4. If people offer to help you out of a difficult situation, accept
graciously, instead of stubbornly trying to do it yourself.

 5. While PD constrains you physically, it frees you intellectually.  Use
that freedom

 Three of these TIPS are attitudinal.  They are not intended to minimize the
effects PD has on a patient's life or ignore the disruption it wreaks on a
caregiver's life.  They are simply little things which I found helpful

Bill