----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Silverman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Andrew Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: AMANDATINE REACTION

> My understanding is that it is an occasional reaction to Amantadine (I'm
on
> it also for a couple of months and keep looking for it)  Have done some
> research on the medication and that reaction listed in a couple of places.
> Still would be a good idea to mention it to your doctor.
>
> Paul [log in to unmask]

request for information on drug reaction to amantadine. Ive since found out
through a little hunting  my self that this could indead be a reaction to
(symmetrel) It could also be a number of other things, lets hope not (my
attempt at humour)lol.The Parkinsons glossary defines livedo reticulularis
as " A purplish or bluish mottling of the skin seen usually below the knee
and sometimes on the forarm in persons under treatment with the drug
amantadine (symmetral) I have discontinued the use of this medication for
the momentand hope to see results soon.Will keep you updated. Now for your
reward.Try www.vh.org  or
http://dir.yahoo.com/health/diseases_and_conditions/parkinson_s_disease .Two
of the best sites on medicine and parkinsons that ive run into in a long
time. Thanks again for your time.  Yours Andrew.