 > think about the Hilarys and the Ivans...
> >     When I was diagnosed I was told that 'they'
> > thought THE cure would........

Judith,
please dont think about me in terms of pessimism!
I've been fighting this fight for 26 years - maybe more
And i'm still walking on my own two feet.
I dont use a cane or walker - except
when i have to negotiate  an airport -
then a wheelchair is very useful to get
from point to point efficiently.
Sure there are times that i'm down -
like when i fell flat on my face at the senate hearing
 but that was spectacular, and
i couldnt have timed it better.
Several list members and a senator were there to pick me up.
And sure , i complain a lot about my problems -
but that is because it is
the most realistic way i knnow
of bringing them to public attentiion
And there are the minor victories
like today i found out that i have been granted Medicaid!
Retroactive to April - so it will pay for my son's
hospital expenses - nearly $8000 i had no way of raising
So please, I love you all for caring about me,
but help me concentrate on the good thngs that are happeinig
!

HILARY