Yes, thisis a form response--similar to the replies from an "autoresponder"
you get when you email the president.  In my experience they all indicate
that they want to reply to THEIR constitutents, and ask of you are one you
should include postal address.  They get an *emormous* volume of mail, "e"
and otherwise, and  most letters I get are obviously form letters, that
tell me whet I wrote about and much of what I already know about the
subject, and probably told them in my letter!  It takes a concerted and
repeated correspondence and a real struggle to personalize  it in order to
get beyond the form responses, sadly.  Specter is just doing what they all
do.....

>Is everyone else getting replies from Sen Spector?
>I was shocked when I saw e-mail address w/his name.
>I figure it must be a "form reply" as I was told to include my postal address
>& phone # if I wanted further reply... but I did include the address. But I
>don't think it really did much good as he's *only* concerned about Penn. I
>hope I'm wrong!
>
>Bonnie

        Camilla Flintermann,            <[log in to unmask]>
        CG for Peter, 81/70/55                   co-owner, CARE list

             "If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                    everything looks like a nail. "
                        ----Abraham Maslow