hi all

here i go again
anwswering a private message in public
but i think this is worth sharing
iow [in other words]
i hope it may benefit someone else

janet

At 05:56 1999/10/20 -0500, paul wrote to me:
>Anything is possible -- BUT --  I got messages from
>several sources ---- 8 listservs (including Sparkle and
>Activa) and private emails and 3 weekly postings of
>airline efares.  The duplications seem to all originate
>at PARKINSN.  Thank goodness the other lists are not as
>active as PARK.
>
>I had four of a message but checking the times indicated
>to me that person sent the message more than once---they
>were advertising a deadline for a world conference.  The
>message originated from the CIGR-FAO server that has
>several sublists --- the sender posted the message on
>each of the sublists --- so they were really not
>duplicate postings.
>
>I know it is possible that the PARKINSN messages to
>several ISPs throughout the US could have been routed
>through the same server somewhere.  In this case it
>appears the origin was one thing in common.  I do not
>permanently delete my files each day in case I make a
>mistake so currently have 903 deleted files with 425
>unread (deleted before they were open for 8 seconds)
>still on my machine.
>
>Paul

hi paul

your comments re duplicates are interesting

and so are your comments re your reluctance to delete PARKINSN mail
[for fear of missing anything?]
they speak volumes as to how important
our messages are to each other

a wee word of wisdom
in re any anxiety you may have about 'losing' messages:
every message ever posted to parkinsn since november 8 1993
is in the archives
not 'lost'

e.g. if you want to see all the messages
that were sent into the list on one day, send the command message:

SEARCH * IN PARKINSN FROM 19991019 TO 19991019

listserv will send back a summary listing all such messages
from which you can select which ones you want
listserv to send to you

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>