There is a ton of material re: managing constipation in the list
archive---be aware that nothing works for everyone, or all the time.  I
will send you off list a couple of articles--and check the archive if you
have time--it contains everything ever posted to PIEN.

Try Simon Coles'  archive at http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/search.htm

ALSO  JANET PATERSON'S

a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
(includes "Hole in the Head Gang" re: Pallidotomy)
*******
>My Dad has PD and is visiting me until tomorrow.  He has not
>joined this list since he is essentially computer illiterate.  He was
>diagnosed this past year with PD and is (tomorrow) 78 yrs old.
>
>One of his main concerns is what should he do about constipation.
>
>If it is important to know, he is taking Sinemet and Amantadine.
>
>Any suggestions on how to combat the constipation?
>
>Please email responses to the list and to me at home.  I'll pass the
>info on.
>
>Thanks-

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "