Hi,

I've been playing around with a new version of the list archives,
which some of you have been kind enough to test for me. This new
version of the archives:
        - allows you to jump around looking at posts with the same subject,
          by the same person, posted on the same day
        - has categorised the articles according to a set of useful words, so
          you can quickly see all the articles mentioning Sinemet for example

The idea is to make it all much more accessible, allowing you to
quickly zoom in on the interesting stuff.

I hadn't planned to make this available for a while (potentially many
months) because I don't have anywhere to put it. However, for
technical reasons I can make it available until the 28th October 1999.

So, if you want to have a glimpse of the future, go to:

        http://winston.simon.to/parkinsonsarchive.html

This database only contains posts up until 26th August 1999, but I
hope it is still useful. If you are curious, the database contains
65,500 messages, and occupies about 700Mb of disk.

How useful the "Topics" feature is depends a lot on the list of words
used. Contributions and suggestions gratefully accepted :-)

Have fun..... don't forget, you've only got a week.

Simon
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 753703
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============