     Hi all;

     The Topics feature is available in our LISTSERV software.
     This can be used to reduce your incoming messages to specific Topic-Names.
     You may choose to use it or not, as you wish.

     A. Current Topic-Names Available:
     -----------------------------

          NONPD:     = not a parkinson's disease item
          NEWS:      = news items
          TECHNEWS:  = nerd news items
          LIST:      = list-business
          PMID:      = pubmed abstracts / medical studies
          QT:        = quotes / poems
          UDALL:     = pd political action [any country - named for Mo Udall]
          PARKINSAW: = creative tales about a fantasy pd land
          FUN:       = humour and silliness
          POL:       = political action / surveys

          More Topic-Names can be added, to a maximum of 23.

     B. Sending Mail to the List:
     -------------------------

     1. The Topic-Name should be the first word in your message Subject-Header:
          a. all UPPER-case,
          b. no spaces and no hyphens [e.g NON-PD: or NON PD: are incorrect]
          c. followed by a colon
          d. followed by a space, and then a more detailed subject description
             [For an example, see my subject-header for this message.]

     2. Send all messages for distribution to the list-members to:

     3. Topic-Names should be used [and spelled] correctly;
     LISTSERV gets confused by typos.

     4. Specific Subject-Headers are basic 'Netiquette' for any E-mail
     use; for a large mailing list with high mail volume, they can
     become essential. Topic-Names are a means of enhancing that.

     C. Receiving Mail from the List:

     [All, that is, other than DIGEST-ers, who comprise 1/3 of our current
     membership. Topics restrictions only work on regular mail].

     D. Reducing Your Mail From the List by Using Topic-Names Settings:

     1. To stop receiving NONPD messages, send this command:
          SET PARKINSN TOPICS -NONPD

     2. To stop receiving NONPD and FUN and PARKINSAW messages:
          SET PARKINSN TOPICS -NONPD -FUN -PARKINSAW

     3. To start receiving FUN messages again:
          SET PARKINSN TOPICS +FUN

     4. Send all command messages to the listserv computer at:

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>