hi all

At 14:21 1999/10/21 +0200, gil wrote, in part:
>Hi,
>Our PD support group in Jerusalem had a salesman talk last night about
>magnetic stimulation using a German system called the Bemer 3000 that they
>sell here in Israel for $2075.
>I have been following your CSR indexes since 3/98 and noticed several
>references there to this approach which is unfamiliar to me.
>What do you know about this approach?The salesman emphasized that this is a
>mainstream medical approach
>and not to be classified as untested alternative medicine.
>He cited a paper by R.Sandyk of the NeuroCommunication Research...
>Int. J Neurosci,74(1-4): 191-201 Jan-Feb 1994....
>Sounds too good to be true.
>Warm regards.
>Gil Lieberman,CG for Aliza,dx PD 2/95,dx MSA 10/97

hi gil

i suggest searching in the 9,000,000 published studies at PubMed
[link is in my website below]
for mention of magnetic stimulation and pd

you might notice Dr. Sandyk's name there as well
almost exclusively published by the INT J. Neurosci.
which apparently he has some interest in
so he is virtually self published
[my impression]
not in a peer reviewed journal

if something sounds too good to be true...

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>