My wife, who has rheumatoid arthritis, was convinced by a friend to try
sleeping on a mattress pad and pillow filled with magnets. It was supposed
to alleviate symptoms. It was also part of a multi-level marketing scheme.
But my wife is open to trying lots of different things to treat her
condition, so she tried the magnets. The first night she didn't sleep at
all and woke up stiff and sore. The second night she got up at 2:00 a.m.
and threw up. That was the end of her magnetic stimulation experience. She
tore the mattress pad off the bed and told her friend to come and pick it
up. Anybody want to guess what the friend said when told of my wife's
experience? "That's good! Your body really reacted. That means it's
working." Sheesh.

Rick