Hi Dennis,
I was just browsing through unread back PD Digests that were sitting in
my trash bin and came accross your message below.It hit a responsive chord
since last night,our Jerusalem PD support group had talk on BEMER(Bio Electro
Magnetic Energy Regulation).It was a sales pitch for a German system being
marketed here in Israel called the BEMER 3000.
He cited a paper by R.Sandyk of the NeuroCommunication Research
Labs.,Danbury,CT 06811 entitled "Treatment of Parkinson's Disease with
magnetic fields reduces the requirement for antiparkinsonian medications,"
Int. J Neurosci,74(1-4): 191-201 Jan-Feb 1994.There,the use of extracranial
treatment with extremely weak magnetic fields showed significant improvement
in motor performance including levodopa-induced motor complications.This
therapy is suggested as a substitute for drug therapy.Nonmotor improvements
noticed included mood,cognitive functions,sleep,pain,appetite,autonomic
functions and sexual functions. Results are cited for a 69 year old PWP.
However results were not available for a large sample of PWPs.

Anyhow,I would like to know if you got any feedback from your question from
the PD list or elsewhere.
J.R.Bruman's 12/98 csr index has the following references:

Magnetic stimulation   Brain               1996;119:71-77    May 96
     "                 Brain               1996;119:815-822  Sep 96
     "                 Ann Neur            1996;40:344-355   Oct 96
     "                 Brain              1997;120:1587-1602 Nov 97
     "                 H Neur N'surg Psych 1998;64:33-36     Feb 98
Would you have time to check them out using Medline? I don't.
I tried to send a message to J.R.Bruman at <[log in to unmask]> and it
bounced.
Regards.
Gil Lieberman,CG for Aliza