On 18 Oct 99 at 17:55, plmaddux wrote:

> When mother nature blew out my modem, I was unable to contact the list for
> many weeks, and when I got back on line I had 1300 E-Mails, and they were
> still coming in. So NetZero will handle a lot of mail with no problem
> apparently.
>
> Lanier in Chattanooga

Heck, that's nuthin'.....  I gave away a 'puter last year 'n was
off-line from July to December.  When I logged back on I had more
than 9000 messages in my in-basket.  (It took 8 hours to download
and sort).  I read 'n deleted an extra hundred a day for 3 mo.  The
real surprise was when I took the 50k limit off one day to allow my
daughter to send me a digitized photo.  There were more than 50
messages dating back almost a year!  Pictures and super long messages
and spam that family and List members and friends had sent which I
had never received and had no idea were at the bottom of my in tray!
Some past e-mail references that had seemed very strange at the time
suddenly made all the sense in the world.  The 50k filter I had
placed in my e-mail client had simply delayed reading any post over
50k. The rejected e-mail was not deleted, it was simply unread.  The
black hole that e-mail is sometimes thought to occupy may be no
farther away than the filter on your in basket.

All the best ...................... murray

ps: Sympatico certainly appears to have no limit as long as you pay