Hilary Blue asked:

> And how does a medication know where to go in your body. How does
> the aspirin ( or tylenol) know that whereas yesterday you took it
> for a headache, today you are taking it for a lower back ache? And

Hi Hilary,

Hmm.  I think meds are not "smart", they don't know where to go, and
so they go everywhere the bloodstream takes them. They only get used
in certain places, and in the other places they have no effect or
else cause side effects or get broken down and excreted.

> most puzzling of all, when you have hemiparkinisonism - how does the
> sinemet know which side of the body is affected, and why does it not
> cauae overdose symptoms in the side which is not affected?

Unfortunately, I can have tremor (underdose) and dyskinesia
(overdose) in different parts of my body at the same time.

Barb Mallut wrote:

> Hilary... I betcha when ya were a little kid you drove your
> parents NUTZ asking things like, "Why is the sky blue," and "why is
> there more than one language in the world."

On a car trip long ago one of my kids asked, "Why is there a hill
here?"

I heard Dr. Marsden say that he got started in PD research by asking
why the substantia nigra is black!

Cheers,

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ